Your annual membership provides opportunities for youth, adults, and seniors to participate in educational visual arts programming, supports the free kid's art activities during First Fridays, and enables the Art Center to provide year-round access to the arts. Through your membership, you show your support for the visual arts in Greenville—our members make the difference!
- Discounted tuition on 6-week classes
- Invitations to member events
- Eligibility to participate in the annual Member Show
- All preceding benefits, plus tuition discounts on Summer Camps
- Family/Household memberships are for 4 people of the same household
To mail in your membership, make check payable to Greenville Center for Creative Arts and please mail to:
PO Box 2206
Greenville, SC 29602
If you have any questions about your membership, please call 864-735-3948
GCCA MEMBER SHOW 2018: Guidelines & RSVP
AUGUST 3 - SEPTEMBER 26
Opening Reception: First Friday, August 3, 2018 from 6–9pm
Open to all current members, the annual Member Show provides an opportunity for the community to see the breadth and depth of work being created by supporting members of GCCA. If you're a current member and you want to exhibit a piece in the 2018 Member Show, please review the guidelines for participating below and click on the RSVP button that follows to reserve your exhibition space by Thursday, July 19.
Deadline to RSVP: Thursday, July 19
Drop Off of Work for Participating GCCA Members:
Thursday, July 26 / 4pm - 6pm
Friday, July 27 / 9am - 11am
Saturday, July / 11am - 2pm
Pick Up Artwork:
Thursday, September 27 / 4pm - 6pm (Pickup & Potluck! See details below)
Friday, September 28 / 9am - 11am
Saturday, September 29 / 11am - 3pm
Delivery & Pick-up of Artwork:
All artwork must be hand-delivered to GCCA, 101 Abney Street, Greenville SC 29611. Times are listed above. All work must be picked-up by 3pm, Saturday, September 29. GCCA is unable to store artwork, so please make arrangements to have your work picked-up by someone else should you not be available.
Sale of Artwork:
Unless noted on the Letter of Agreement, all work will be for sale through the GCCA. Work not for sale should be clearly marked NFS. A 30% commission will be taken for all work sold.
· One piece of artwork may be submitted per member
· Only original work, not previously shown at the GCCA
· Work must be created within the last 3 years
· Work must not exceed 36” in any direction and cannot weigh over 35 lbs.
· All artwork must be finished. No wet paintings will be accepted.
· Artwork may be in any medium.
· All work must be professionally framed or finished and securely wired. (No clip mountings or saw tooth hangers will be accepted.)
· Three-dimensional work must sit solidly on a flat surface or be properly mounted for display. (We have a limited supply of pedestals; please call the GCCA in advance to reserve one if needed, 864-735-3948. They will be issued on a first come, first serve basis.)
GCCA will insure your work during the exhibition. After the last pick-up time and date, 3pm, September 29, 2018 your work will no longer be insured.
RSVP to the Member Show
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 864-735-3948
MEMBER NIGHT POTLUCK
Thursday, September 27, 2018
6pm - 7:30pm
GCCA celebrates members with a night of family-style fun!
The invitation is open to all current members. Join us for an evening of meeting, mingling, and more!
What to Bring
- A dish or dessert with plenty to share
- A guest who is interested in learning about GCCA membership
- Kids - we will have an art activity for all ages